Questions and Answers
Summer School 2023
What is the program for Summer School for Credit Recovery and New Credit?
What are the dates, hours, and location of Summer School for Credit Recovery?
- July 10 - August 3, 2023; 8:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Edmonds-Woodway High School
When does registration Open?
May 2, 2023
When is the registration deadline?
- June 9, 2023, it is important to register early
- The deadline is important for us to properly support the program. Student headcount supplies us with the information to hire teachers and supports the transportation schedule.
- You may request changes to your registration by emailing email@example.com.
Is there a fee for Summer School?
- Credit Recovery - NO
- New Credit/ Grade Improvement - Yes $65.00 for unlimited courses
Are students required to attend in person?
- Yes, for credit recovery, exception current students of EeLA with counselor approval.
- No, if taking a course for new credit or grade improvement students will work independently with the support of the Graduation Alliance teacher.
Are students allowed vacation?
- Vacations must be pre-approved by the summer school principal. No more than one week will be approved and students will make every effort to log in and work while away.
- Email vacation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
What if a student completes their course early and is graded complete?
They are done with summer school and attendance is no longer required.
What is considered credit recovery?
Credit recovery is only for students to make up failed courses
Will letter grades be awarded for summer school courses, or are they pass/fail?
Grades are awarded
Is there a cap on how many credit recovery courses you can complete in summer school?
No, but students will only enroll be enrolled in two courses at a time
What happens when a student finishes the one credit retrieval class needed to catch up to the "on-time" credit threshold for their grade level after one week? Can they shift to new credit online only?
Yes, they will email email@example.com
Can a student do a full year course to “get ahead”? For example, could a student do Geometry Semester 1 & 2 over the summer?
- Yes, for a FEE, this would be NEW credit
- It is required to take the full year as students will not be allowed to enroll for only a semester during the regular school year.
What happens if a student starts a summer school class and realizes within the first few weeks that they will not be able to finish the course? What is entered on the student's transcript?
Nothing, no entry is made to the transcript