School Based Health Center
Edmonds School District is partnering with Community Health Center of Snohomish County and Verdant Health Commission to offer a School-based Health Center (SBHC) to Meadowdale High School. The SBHC opened at Meadowdale High School to students in September of 2022. Currently, the SBHC is only available to enrolled MHS students. The services are expected to be available for families and community members next spring.
The following health services are available to Meadowdale High students:
- Well child checks, sports physicals, and immunizations
- Chronic condition management and medication management
- Evaluation and treatment of common health problems, including same-day illness or injury
- Preventive health care, including health education
- Age-appropriate reproductive health care
- Mental health, behavioral health, and social emotional health services
- Oral health care
- Health insurance eligibility and enrollment assistance
- Referrals to other health care providers and specialists as needed
The Meadowdale High School SBHC is temporarily located inside the main school building and provides most health care services. The SBHCs permanent location will be located on the school campus in a relocatable building that will be built for the clinic’s needs. The SBHC will move to its permanent location in the spring.
The SBHC began operations in the fall of the 2022-2023 school year. Health care services are offered during regular school hours as well as some after-school hours. Every effort will be made to schedule health care appointments during non-academic time.
A school-based health center provides a natural setting to provide the services and resources students and their families need to maintain and improve their health. SBHCs foster learning readiness and academic achievement by ensuring that student’s health needs are being met so they can focus on learning, growing, and thriving.
How do school nurses work with School-Based Health Centers?
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a school-based health center and who will it serve?
- Who is eligible for services?
- Why provide a school-based health center?
- What services will be provided at the center?
- Does my child need parental permission to access services at an SBHC?
- Will an SBHC work with my student’s primary care physician?
What is a school-based health center and who will it serve?
Who is eligible for services?
Why provide a school-based health center?
What services will be provided at the center?
Does my child need parental permission to access services at an SBHC?
Will an SBHC work with my student’s primary care physician?
Student registration form to be signed by parent/guardian
CENTRO DE SALUD BASADO EN LA ESCUELA - FORMULARIO DE HISTORIAL DE SALUD
TRUNG TRUNG TÂM TÂM YY TẾ TẾ TẠI TẠI TRƯỜNG HỌCTRƯỜNG HỌC MẪU BỆNH SỬ
ШКІЛЬНИЙ МЕДИЧНИЙ ЦЕНТР ФОРМА ІСТОРІЇ ХВОРОБИ
ШКОЛЬНЫЙ МЕДИЦИНСКИЙ ЦЕНТР АНКЕТА МЕДИЦИНСКОГО ПРОФИЛЯ
لمركز الطبي المدرسي نموذج التاريخ الصحي
ትምህርት ቤት ላይ የተመሰረተ የጤና ማዕከል የጤና ታሪክ ቅጽ
Please turn in your completed registration form to the main office at Meadowdale High School.
For questions and appointment scheduling, please call 425-903-5750 and leave a message or email SBHC@chcsno.org.