- What was the final Reduced Educational Program approved by the Board?
- Which staffing positions will be eliminated for the 2023-24 school year?
- What is the district doing about social worker positions for the 2023-24 school year?
- What are the changes to the Student Intervention Coordinators (SInCs) positions?
- Is the district specifically cutting music and art programs as part of next year’s budget?
- Why is Woodway Center closing?
- What are the proposed changes to the Edmonds Preschool Program?
- What will happen to Special Education classes currently at Sherwood and Westgate?
- How are you addressing class sizes for the 2023-24 school year?
- Did the district advocate with the Legislature to make funding decisions to support students?
- Where can I see the budget presentation given this spring?
- How did we get to an estimated $15 million deficit for the 2023-24 school year?
- Why are the start and end times for schools changing for the 2023-24 school year?
- Can you explain the timing of the Reduced Educational Program, Reductions in Force (RIF), and the district’s annual budget?
Superintendent Rebecca Miner and Executive Director of Budget & Finance, Lydia Sellie deliver a report on the 2023-2024 Budget at the April 18 School Board Meeting.
In March, Interim Superintendent Rebecca Miner and Executive Director of Business and Finance, Lydia Sellie, went over the district budget in a community webinar.
Our budget is a financial tool that guides the collection and distribution of resources in accordance with state law, OSPI (Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction) regulations, the School Board’s educational priorities, and District policies, as well as sound financial management principles.
Our fiscal year begins September 1st and ends August 31st. The budget process begins in late winter and culminates when the Superintendent submits a recommended budget to the Board, usually in June. This recommendation is based on projected enrollment, projected revenues and other resources, program requirements, input from principals, managers, community forums, Board Study Sessions, and any mandated reductions.
Detailed financial documents and budget development information:
|Basic Ed. - Classroom||53.8%|
|Basic Ed. -Admin & Support||9.8%|