Digital Learning & Libraries
- Ensure equitable access to technology tools for all students and all staff.
- Students in grades K-1 should have a 2:1 ratio of students per device.
- Students in grades 2-12 should have a 1:1 ratio of students per device.*
- Ensure all students have intentional instruction around basic technology skills and daily authentic use of technology as a learning tool.
- Have all students using technology to communicate, collaborate, and create
inengaging, relevant, and rigorous classrooms.
- Ensure all teachers are using technology within the instructional program using effective practices.
- Use technology to collect formative and summative assessment data that informs practice and allows students to exhibit higher order thinking and demonstrate knowledge.
- Provide ongoing, job-embedded professional development for staff around effective practices for integrating technology into the instructional program.
- Systematically and formally adopt technology tools and resources that align with and enhance core content curriculum adoptions.
Required Tech Skills for Student SuccessEdmonds School District uses the highly recognized ISTE Standards for Students. These standards were updated in 2016 and address 4 critical areas:
- Creativity and Innovation
- Communication and Collaboration
- Research and Information Fluency
- Critical Thinking, Problem-solving
Request Form to Unblock Educational Websites
Sometimes our student Internet filter miscategorizes and blocks websites that benefit student learning. Students who find a site that may have been blocked in error, please review the site with a staff sponsor and have them fill out the Google Form at the link below. After completing the form, we will evaluate the site to make sure it fulfills an educational purpose and is safe for use in our system. Please note that filling out the form does not guarantee the site will be unblocked.
IM-140 Internet Site Review Request