The Technology Department supports the staff and students at all facilities districtwide. With 33 schools and programs, this work falls into the following categories: network services, information systems, and IT support.
The Technology Department also oversees the projects funded by the voter-approved Technology/Capital Levy. Working closely with the Digital Learning & Libraries Department, the levy will
- replace existing levy-funded and other older classroom technology equipment as it ages;
- replace existing 1:1 Chromebooks for all students grades PreK-12;
- increase the curricular tools and online educational resources to schools;
- support school-home connections with improved district/school/classroom websites; online access to student information, grades, and resources;
- provide professional development in the form of on-site instructional technology coaches, as well as technology staff to support levy-funded projects;
- upgrade infrastructure to meet our instructional needs; and
- replace aging staff computers.
Please read more about the district's voter-approved levies and bonds.