Physical Education and Health
Middle School Physical Education and Health Curriculum
The goal of the PE and health program in the Edmonds School District is to educate students with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to make healthy lifestyle choices.
Overall program content:
- Components of Fitness: cardio-respiratory endurance, basic knowledge of fitness, body compositions, flexibility, muscular endurance, muscular strength
- Activities and safety: basic skills, lifetime activities, safety, team and individual sports, fitness planning
- Nutrition and Health: anatomy and physiology, diet/nutrition, nutrition
andperformance, health maintenance
- Health, Social, and Emotional well-being: enjoyment, goal setting, leadership
- Resources for Sexual Health Education in Remote Learning (includes OSPI and Best Practice Guidelines, approved videos, asynchronous FLASH lessons, and Question Box Suggestions)
Students are assessed on their knowledge of both health and fitness concepts and their personal fitness levels at the elementary level (5th grade), middle school level, and high school level.
The state standards for Health and Fitness can be at http://standards.ospi.k12.wa.us/.
For more information on Middle School Health & Fitness Curriculum, please contact Jenni McCloughan Health, and Physical Education Coordinator, Student Learning, 425-431-3029.