Family and Community Engagement
The Edmonds School District is works to create systemic supports in our system to allow for family engagement at all levels of our system. Our teams work both at the district level and building level to support our families and increase student academic success.
What is Family Engagement?
"Family Engagement" refers to school/family partnerships. It is the collaborative interaction between educators and families in activities that promote student learning and positive child and youth development at home, in school, and in the community, including but not limited to:
- Regular, two-way and meaningful communication between parents and school personnel
- Outreach to our diverse families;
- Parent education
- Staff professional development
- Families participating in school decision making
- Promoting advocacy for students and Families
Family Engagement is a shared responsibility which is continuous from Pre-Kindergarten through grade 12 and reinforces learning that takes place in all settings.