Equity Monthly Themes Committees
Join one of the volunteer planning committees of families, students, staff and community along with our Equity and Student Success department. Historically the Family Engagement team has led two community committees one is Black Lives Matter Month of Action and 2SLGBTQIA+.
What is a Monthly Equity Theme?
Equity monthly learning themes serve as broad guidance and support for the equity work in our district. The themes help highlight some of the many intersectionalities and priorities of equity work that are needed on an ongoing basis to help collaboration and growth in our system. The goal of the learning themes is to grow to co-create/co-design three events during each month that highlight the theme and sub-themes geared towards families, students, staff, and community.
Planning Committee overview:
During 2022-2023 school year we are planning one monthly celebration for each theme. To provide feedback or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Examples of past events:
- Facebook Read aloud
- 2SLGBTQIA Learning Event
- Arts in Action Student showcase
- LGBTQIA+ and Allies potluck
- Click HERE to download a copy of the MET Activities Packets compiled by Aviva Levin, an educator and volunteer.
Want books to read that highlight each month?
See book list created by our Librarians for Equity and Diversity (LEAD) here
Want to read a book for our FB posts? Go here:
2022-2023 Monthy themes:
- September 2022: Hispanic/Latinx/Chicanx History month
- October 2022: Disability Awareness
- November 2022: Indigenous/ Native American Heritage month
- December 2022: Allyship
- January 2023: Celebrate Diversity month
- February 2023: Black Lives Matter Month of Action in Edmonds
- March 2023: Women's History month
- April 2023: Arab American Heritage month
- May 2023: Asian/Pacific Islander/ Native Hawaiian American month
- June 2023: 2SLGBTQIA+ Pride month
If you have questions please email: