Equity Monthly Themes Committees
Join one of the volunteer planning committees of families, students, staff and community along with our Equity and Student Success department. Historically the Family Engagement team has led two community committees one is Black Lives Matter Month of Action and 2SLGBTQIA+.
What is a Monthly Equity Theme?
Equity monthly learning themes serve as broad guidance and support for the equity work in our district. The themes help highlight some of the many intersectionalities and priorities of equity work that are needed on an ongoing basis to help collaboration and growth in our system. The goal of the learning themes is to grow to co-create/co-design three events during each month that highlight the theme and sub-themes geared towards families, students, staff, and community.
Planning Committee overview:
Planning committees will meet 2-3 times prior to the month and 1-2 times during the month.
The committee will have support and coordination from the Equity and Student Success department and other departments as needed. Meetings are held on alternating schedule of 4:30 PM and 6:30 PM meetings to allow participation from different groups, a planning sheet will be created in shared so that members are not expected to attend every meeting.
Examples of past events:
- Facebook Read aloud
- 2SLGBTQIA Learning Event
- Arts in Action Student showcase
- LGBTQIA+ and Allies potluck
Due to COVID some of our events might be planned and stay virtual for 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 school year
Ready to join a 2021-2022 committee? <- Click here for link to Google form to let us know you want to be on a committee
- Click HERE to download a copy of the MET Activities Packets compiled by Aviva Levin, an educator and volunteer.
Want books to read that highlight each month?
See book list created by our Librarians for Equity and Diversity (LEAD) here
Want to read a book for our FB posts? Go here:
2021-2022 Upcoming committees
- October 2021: Disability Awareness
- November 2021: Indigenous/ Native American Heritage month
- December 2021: Allyship
- January 2022: Arab American Heritage month
- February 2022: Black Lives Matter Month of Action in Edmonds
- March 2022: Women's History month
- April 2022: Celebrate Diversity month
- May 2022: Asian/Pacific Islander/ Native Hawaiian American month
- June 2021: 2SLGBTQIA+ Pride month
- September 2022: Hispanic/Latinx/Chicanx History month
- October 2022: Disability Awareness
If you have questions please call or email: Dr. Sally Guzman
- Add to Phrasebook
- No word lists for English → Portuguese...
- Create a new word list...