Closures and delays
School closure or 2-hour delay
In the event of a snowstorm, windstorm, power outage, earthquake or other emergency event, the Edmonds School District may implement schedule changes for student and staff safety and will use multiple communication methods to inform staff and families.
The Edmonds School District will make every effort to inform families and staff of any schedule changes by 6 a.m.
How families will be notified:
- Voice message (You will not receive a voice message if you receive a text message)
- Push notification (If you have the ParentSquare app)
- District social media:
- District website and school websites
- Radio and television news outlets
- No before school programs.
- No out-of-district transportation
- All after-school activities, all evening events at district buildings (including non-district events) are canceled.
- For the 2022-23 school year, Snow Make-up Days, if needed, will be in this order: Feb. 21, June 27, June 28, June 29, June 30.
School start and dismissal times:
- School starts two hours after the school’s regular start time: bit.ly/ESDStartDismiss.
- Students will be dismissed at regular dismissal times unless otherwise announced.
- Buses will arrive for student pick up two hours after the regular pick up time.
- No out-of-district transportation.
School breakfast and lunch:
- School breakfast will be available 30 minutes before schools start.
- School lunch will be provided as part of the school day.
- No MORNING Move 60!
- No MORNING Edmonds Preschool or MORNING Family PreK
- Your student’s childcare provider will contact you of their specific schedule and changes.
After school activities:
- All student activities (i.e. after-school athletics and academic clubs) take place as scheduled unless otherwise notified.