The Edmonds School District is committed to promoting:
- Fitness - Through a strong, comprehensive physical education curriculum (taught by highly qualified teachers certified in physical education)
- Health - By supporting the staff and students in the district, Certificated School Nurses as RNs develop health-related policies and procedures to assure compliance with federal and state laws; promote health and illness prevention with instruction in healthy living; support office staff in providing safe legal care in the health room; and provide case management services for students with health conditions to allow them to access their education. Classified RNs support individual students who require a specific licensed nursing service.
- Nutrition - By offering meals, planned by a Registered Dietitian and a team of Certified Nutrition Professionals, that meet the Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDA) for Calories, Protein, Calcium, Iron, Vitamin A, and Vitamin C at age-appropriate levels. The menus are also planned to maximize fiber and minimize sodium, cholesterol, total fat and saturated fat. The meals are eye-appealing, tasty, convenient, and a great value.
- Wellness - By creating a District Wellness Committee, that stresses nutrition education and encourages students to make healthy choices and live active lifestyles.
Please use the icons below to access information on each of these critical areas.
"If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health."
- Hippocrates (c.460-377BC)
"You can't educate a child who isn't healthy, and you can't keep a child healthy who isn't educated." - M. Joycelyn Elders, 15th Surgeon General of the United States