Grades 3–6 Resources
Students in 3rd through 6th grades will be using Canvas as their Learning Management System (LMS). A learning management system, or LMS, is students' "homebase," where all learning starts. It allows teachers to provide students and families with course information and weekly/daily schedules, to share lessons and instructional/supplemental content, to distribute assignments and receive submitted assignments, and to evaluate assignments and provide students with feedback. It is a "one stop shop" that will include all links to Zoom meetings and teacher/student messaging.
The videos, links, and information below explain how to access and use Canvas.
Video: Accessing Canvas for Elementary Students (~3min)
To access Canvas
- Open Google Chrome
- Locate the link for Canvas in the "Edmonds Bookmarks" Folder OR type edmonds15.instructure.com into the address bar
- Sign in with your district username (the part of your email address before the @) and the same password you use to sign into your district Chromebook
Pinning Courses to the Canvas Dashboard
Video: Elementary Canvas - Setting up the Course Dashboard (~4min)
To Set Classes on the Dashboard
- Sign in to Canvas
- Go to Courses - click All Courses
- Star any classes that you want to pin to the Dashboard
- See this document for written directions
Video: Navigating Elementary Courses in Canvas(~4min)
To Navigate Canvas
Watch the short video to the left.