SELF-HELP GUIDES & FAQS
Run Into A Problem & Need Help?
Check out the resources on this page.
The site is a work in progress and content will be added and updated.
Check these items:
- Are you at the right site? edmonds15.instructure.com
- Are you using the right login information? Username is everything before @edmonds15.org (Example: CanvaPan000); Password is the same one you use to log in to your Chromebook (Type slowly)
- Still not working? Contact the Student Tech Help Desk for a Password Reset
Authorizing Google in Canvas & Troubleshooting
STEP 1: Verify Login
Having Trouble Authorizing Google?
Are you logged into the Chrome Browser with your District Account?
- Exit out of Canvas and the web browser.
- Reopen the Chrome browser
- Navigate to accounts.google.com
- Login to the district student Google account, which has the username format of firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP 2: Enable Third Party Cookies
1. Open Chrome. Click the three vertical dots in the upper righthand corner. Then click Settings.
2. In the search bar at the top, search Site or Site Settings until you find Site Settings. then click the karet to the right of Site Settings
3. Click on the karet to right of Cookies and site data
4. Make sure that Block third-party cookies is disabled (the toggle should be grayed out).
STEP 3: Clear Cache & Cookies
Cookie is used to store information to track different characteristics related to user such as user preferences. Note: clearing your cookies will clear any saved passwords
Cache is used to make the loading of web pages faster and will keep resource files such as audio, video or flash files.
- Step 1: Open a Google Chrome browser
- Step 2: Click Ctrl + H to open History
- Step 3: Click on the Clear Browsing Data button
- Step 4: Change the Time range to All time
- Step 5: choose the settings that you would like to clear by checking the boxes next to each category
- Step 6: Click Clear Data
Step 4: Sign out of other Gmail Web Sessions
These steps ensure that there are no other gmail accounts logging into your device.
Step 1: Log into your Gmail account
Step 2: Scroll all the way down to the bottom of your inbox and click the link called details. it is super small, in the bottom right corner
Step 3: Click Sign out all other Gmail web sessions
STEP 5: Ensure only 1 Chrome User
Step 1: Log into your Chromebook and open Gmail
Step 2: Click on your image / icon in the upper right corner
Step 3: Check what accounts are showing. If there is only one account (You) then you are done. If there is more than 1 account click Sign Out on the other account
Step 4: Select YOUR account from the list. Type in the password.
Step 5: Click on your icon (upper right corner) again. Click on the other user account that is Signed out and then select remove. This will remove all other Gmail accounts from your computer.
Repeat steps 2 through 5 for any other accounts that are logged into your Chromebook.
STEP 6: Check for Chrome Updates
Step 1: Click the three dots in the upper right corner
Step 2: Scroll down to Help and then click About Google Chrome
Step 4: If your Chrome is out of date click the Relaunch button to update Chrome.
STEP 7: Restart your Chromebook
Click on the time in the bottom right corner of the screen and then click the power icon.
This will turn off the device. Turn the chromebook back on by clicking the power button.
Assignment Submission Errors
Submission Failed, Please Try Again
Google Drive connection timed out
Solution: Wait a few minutes and attempt to submit the assignment again.
Reason for Error:
Trying to upload a Google Document using the File Upload tab on the assignment Submission screen.
Select the Google Drive Tab, select the document, and then submit.