Skip To Main Content
Edmonds School District

Transferring To/From Another District (Choice Transfers)

Transferring from the Edmonds School District into another district:

If your student currently resides in the Edmonds School District, but you would like to apply for entry into a different district, please complete the Choice Transfer Request P-44 form (CTR) or go to this link and enter the information online. 

If you fill out the form, please email it to, FAX to 425-431-7182, or drop off the form directly at the address shown on the form. The Edmonds School District will enter the information you provide online. The online information will be sent via email to you and the other district. The form may be printed from our "Frequently Requested Forms" tab and brought to the district office, or may be obtained at the district office directly.

The Choice Transfer is not official until the other district formally accepts your student. At that time, it will be up to you to register your student at the nonresident school.

Please do not use the P-44 if you live outside of the Edmonds School District and want to transfer into our district. Please see the information below if you are a nonresident student requesting entrance to Edmonds. 

Applications are available online or in person at the Edmonds School District, 20420 68th Ave. W., Lynnwood, WA 98036

Transferring to the Edmonds School District from another district:

Students requesting School Change enrollment to a school in Edmonds School District from another district must first submit a School Change Application (P-138). Please see the School Change information page for the application and more specific instructions about availability to change schools. If we are able to approve your request, we will work with you to obtain a Choice Transfer Request (CTR) from your home district. If approved by the Edmonds School District, the CTR must be submitted annually.

For more information about middle or high school CTRs, please call 425-431-7094 and for elementary CTRs, call 425-431-7176.