School Change Information
The School Change application process for the 2023-2024 school year opened January 3, 2023. Please read the following information before submitting a school change request.
School Change Deadlines
Secondary (Middle and High Schools): Thursday, February 9, 2023
Elementary deadline: Thursday, June 1, 2023 - Families will be notified by June 30, 2023
Schools Closed to School Change for the 2023-24 School Year
Exceptions: sibling attends requested school or parent/guardian is a full-time employee of the Edmonds School District
Elementary School Middle School High School
Hilltop Elementary Alderwood Middle Edmonds-Woodway High
Terrace Park Elementary Brier Terrace Middle Meadowdale High
Oak Heights Elementary Meadowdale Middle
School Change Application 23-24
School Change Application Spanish 23-24
· Students must be enrolled at their assigned school while waiting for a school change decision (in-district only).
· If approved, parents are responsible for transportation to and from the approved school.
· This process does not apply to Madrona K-8, Maplewood Parent Cooperative K-8, Edmonds Heights K-12, Edmonds eLearning Academy, Scriber Lake High School, STEM Magnet (in-district students), International Baccalaureate (IB), Dual Language Program, or Highly Capable K-8. Please contact these schools directly for their entry guidelines.
· If you are moving to a new service area that belongs to your address, a School Change application is not needed. Simply go to that school to enroll directly.
· Secondary student athletes who make a change of schools without a corresponding change of residence must compete at the sub-varsity level for one calendar year.
· In-district school change applications are only open to those students who are in good academic standing (No “F” grades and above a 2.0 GPA), have satisfactory attendance (no unexcused absences or excessive tardiness), and have no severe behavior violations (suspensions).
· For schools OPEN to School Change:
o All applications received by the school change deadline for schools OPEN to school change will be accepted up to the number of spaces available at the requested school.
o When space is available, siblings of students who are currently enrolled may be accepted for school change to the same school provided the eligibility criteria are met by the sibling.
What if your School Change application is denied?
A parent receiving a district letter of denial has ten (10) school days after receipt to submit an appeal outlining special hardship circumstances to:
Superintendent’s Office – School Change Applications
Edmonds School District
20420 68th Ave W
Lynnwood, WA 98036