Elementary School Change Information
The School Change Application process for the 2022-2023 school year opens January 1, 2022 and closes on June 10, 2022 for elementary students. Applications received after June 10, 2022 may be placed on hold until the week before school begins.
The school change application process is for students requesting to attend a school that is not their neighborhood school.
NOTE: If you are moving to a new service area that belongs to your address, a School Change Application is not needed. Simply go to that school to register directly.
Requests for school change at district elementary schools for the 2022-2023 school year will be reviewed by the Assistant Superintendent for Elementary Education. We will notify you by June 30, 2022 as to the status of your request. Please be specific with your reason for requesting a school change. While we welcome your application and interest, there is no guarantee of approval.
Any questions about elementary school change may be directed to Kari McGie at 425-431-7176.
P-138 School Change Application - English
P-138SP School Change Application - Spanish
Please submit your P-138 School Change Application to the Edmonds School District:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
FAX to 425-431-7182
Mail or deliver to the Edmonds School District at 20420 38th Ave W, Lynnwood, WA 98036.
Families may apply to have their students attend a school different from their neighborhood school if the requested school has classroom/student seats available to accept students who do not reside in their service area. It is important that parents register their students at their neighborhood school in the event we are unable to approve the school change request.
- Register at your neighborhood school if you are new to the Edmonds School District in case we are unable to approve your school change application
- If approved, parents are responsible for transportation to and from the approved school
- This process does not apply to Madrona K-8, Maplewood K-8, Edmonds Heights K-12, or Edmonds K-8 Online Academy. Please contact these schools directly for their entry guidelines.
- Students who are accepted for school change may continue to attend that school through 6th grade unless district attendance boundaries are changed. If a boundary change is needed, procedures will be created to address school change students at the school(s) affected by the change.
- Parents of out-of-district students will be contacted prior to final approval to obtain a Choice Transfer Request (CTR) from their resident school district. The CTR will be required before the beginning of each school year that the student is enrolled in the Edmonds School District. Failure to submit a yearly CTR may result in the withdrawal of your child from the Edmonds School District.
- Students must be enrolled with their correct permanent home address. Address verification will be required.
What if your School Change Application is denied?
A parent receiving a district letter of denial has ten (10) school days after receipt to submit an appeal outlining special hardship circumstances to:
Superintendent’s Office – School Change Applications
Edmonds School District
20420 68th Ave W
Lynnwood WA 98036