7710 Graduation Certificates for Veterans



The district will issue high school diplomas to an honorably discharged member of the armed forces of the United States who was scheduled to graduate from high school, but who left high school before graduation to serve in World War II, the Korean Conflict or the Vietnam era.

To be eligible for a diploma the veteran or his or her representative must fill out the application provided by the Washington State Department of Veteran Affairs and provide evidence of eligibility.

Veterans are eligible for the diploma even if they subsequently earned a high school equivalency certificate or are deceased.

The superintendent (or designee) will determine those veterans who have substantial ties to the district. Examples include, but are not limited to: living or having lived in the district, having attended school in the district, having children or other descendants who have attended school in the district, having been employed by the district or volunteering in the district.

CrossPolicy 2410High School Graduation Requirements

LegalRCW 28-230-120High diplomas-Issuance-Option to receive

References: final transcripts-Notice

RCW 41.04.005 “Veteran” defined for certain purposes

ManagementPolicy News, June 2008Diplomas for Veterans

References:Policy News, June 2003Honoring Veterans of the Korean

Policy News, April 2001WWII Veterans May Receive


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2018 West Corporation. All rights reserved.