4100-R1 - Procedures Related to Property Loss



The follow-up of loss or damage to district property due to fire, theft, vandalism or any other incident shall be handled by the designated administrator. Promptly after damage or loss is determined, the following steps will be initiated (omit steps 1-3 for minor losses):

    1. Call 911. Get proper police jurisdiction involved.
    2. Notify security officer.
    3. The security officer will notify insurance company or proper agency immediately (when applicable).
    4. Notify the Business Operations Manager to report the loss to the State Autidot's office per RCW 43.09.185.
    5. The building administrator will complete a district Vandalism/Security Report Form (A-59) immediately and forward to the security officer.
    6. The security officer will complete
      1. Vandalism/Security Report Form and assign a case number
        1. determine amount of reimbursement,
        2. identify sources of reimbursement (if any).
      2. Insurance Property Loss Notices or other notice of claim when applicable.
    7. The security officer will send completed copies of Vandalism/Security Report Form and/or insurance loss notice to
      1. insurance company or source for reimbursement,
      2. business office (accounts receivable clerk).
    8. The accounts receivable clerk will
      1. collect reimbursement in accordance with amount established on Vandalism/Security Report and claim forms;
      2. deposit reimbursement received
        1. warrants shall be made payable to Edmonds School District,
        2. two party warrants are to be co-signed by the other party and deposited by Edmonds School District,
        3. when a direct settlement is made to a claimant outside the district by the insurance company, proper documentation shall be obtained for district records;
      3. record transaction and update office copies of claim forms; and
      4. direct a copy of Vandalism/Security Report form immediately to the purchasing office when a purchase or repair is involved.
    9. In cases of refusal to pay reimbursements of $10.00 or more the matter may be referred to a collection agency.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2018 West Corporation. All rights reserved.