Welcome to Kindergarten in the Edmonds School District!
To register, please go to your neighborhood school - kindergarten packets are available at your school
Your student must be 5 years old by August 31, 2015 to be eligible to register for and begin kindergarten in September 2015.
(Please go to the "Early Entrance" page if your student will be 5 years old after August 31, 2015)
Part Time Kindergarten:
Students in the part time program attend school 5 days a week in either a morning or afternoon session. This is the state funded program. There is no charge to parents.
Full Time Kindergarten:
Full time kindergarten students attend school for a full school day 5 days a week (the same schedule as students in grades 1-6). Parent-paid tuition or district waiver support is needed to cover the costs associated with full time kindergarten.
Full Time Kindergarten at:
Brier, Cedar Way, Edmonds, Hilltop, Hazelwood, Lynnwood, Martha Lake, Oak Heights, Seaview, Sherwood, Terrace Park and Westgate:
- Tuition for the 2015-2016 school year will be in the range of $3,700, payable in 10 equal payments
- Waiver of Tuition
- Limited funding may be available that waives tuition for low-income families
- To qualify for a waiver, the family's gross income must be at the free/reduced lunch level
- Proof of income must accompany the waiver application (recent pay stubs, unemployment statement, proof of DSHS or state support, etc.)
- Lottery (does not apply to Madrona or Maplewood - please contact them for their lottery guidelines):
- Lotteries for the schools shown above will be held there is more interest in full time kindergarten than space available
- Names will be collected from February 11 through March 6, with the lottery held on March 9
- Parents will be notified by the district office by March 13 with the results of the lottery
- A deposit will be due no later than March 23 to confirm your child's placement
- Additional information about the lottery process will be shown here at the end of December 2014
Please request either a Kindergarten Contract or Waiver Application from your neighborhood school when registering. Waiver applications must be accompanied by proof of income (recent pay stubs, proof of DSHS, unemployment or state support, etc.)
Full time kindergarten at the schools above is available after March 6 on a space available, first come, first serve basis.
Full Time Kindergarten for students who reside within the attendance areas of the following schools is free of charge to parents: Beverly, Cedar Valley, Chase Lake, College Place, Lynndale, Meadowdale, Mountlake Terrace, and Spruce. Funding is provided by the state of Washington or the Edmonds School District. Placement is first-come, first-serve. Part-time kindergarten is not offered at these schools.
Please contact Shelley Roehl at 425-431-7176 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions.