The Running Start program provides an opportunity for eligible high school juniors and seniors to attend college courses numbered at 100 level and above, tuition free, while completing high school. Students that qualify under the program are eligible for a maximum of 15 credits per quarter. The program is designed for students who are:
- Ready for college level work
- Motivated to take classes that apply toward both high school graduation and a college degree
- Seeking academic challenges not available at their high school
- Be a high school junior or senior and have not yet received a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED)
- Be enrolled in the school district. Home and private school students may enroll in the district for Running Start only.
- Must meet enrollment requirements for the college desiring to attend. This typically involves assessment testing to determine if the student is prepared for college-level work.
- Students must provide their own transportation.
Where can I find more information?