High School Health & Fitness Curriculum
The goal of the Health and Fitness program in the Edmonds School District is to educate students with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to make healthy lifestyle choices. Sport development (game skills and strategies), goal setting and fitness planning, team building and sportsmanship, and healthy living (safety, nutrition, and lifestyle choices) are all critical components in the program.
Overall program content:
- Components of Fitness: cardio-respiratory endurance, basic knowledge of fitness, body compositions, flexibility, muscular endurance, muscular strength
- Activities and safety: basic skills, lifetime activities, safety, team and individual sports, fitness planning
- Nutrition and Health: anatomy and physiology, diet/nutrition, nutrition and performance, health maintenance
- Health, Social, and Emotional well-being: enjoyment, goal setting, leadership
Students are assessed on their knowledge of both health and fitness concepts and their personal fitness levels at the elementary level (5th grade), middle school level, and high school level.
- Documentation of Learning Packet for first half credit of Physical Education
- Documentation of Learning Packet for second half credit of Physical Education