3520 - District Paid Access to Internet Data Service Plans

Adopted
5/29/12

The School Board authorizes the Superintendent or designee to approve District Paid Access to Internet Data Service Plans on district-owned equipment to employees who meet the following criteria:

· are required to have uninterrupted access to the Internet to fulfill District responsibilities while away from their workstation, or

· are regularly assigned to a workstation that does not have wireless Internet access.

Because wireless (“WiFi”) access to the Internet is routinely available on district computers, the additional cost of paying for Internet access via a monthly Data Service Plan should be authorized on a limited basis to employees who meet the above criteria. Internet Data Service Plans may be installed on the laptop, tablet, or other District-owned portable computing device of eligible positions under the following parameters:

1) The District owns the equipment on which the data plan is installed.

2) The District pays no more than 80% of the cost of the data plan. The employee authorizes monthly payroll deduction for the remaining 20% of the cost of the plan.

3) No review of a monthly bill or statement is required on the part of the employee, since a detailed listing of the sites accessed on the Internet are not typically described on bills or statements for data service plans. The District reserves the right, however, to audit any employee’s access of the Internet using district-owned equipment.

4) The District pays for an Internet data service plan on no more than one device (including a cellular telephone) for the employee.

5) The employee signs the District’s Internet Use Agreement and agrees that access to the Internet via the data service plan will primarily be for work-related business. The employee’s payment of 20% of the cost of the plan is an acknowledgement by the District that limited personal use of the plan may occur.


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2017 West Corporation. All rights reserved.