Welcome to the Third Grade Swim Lesson Program!
Water safety education is vitally important for children in the Pacific Northwest. Through generous funding by the Verdant Health Commission, three of our community pools will be able to teach hundreds of local youth how to swim and to be safe in and around the water. The participating facilities are the Mountlake Terrace Recreation Pavilion, Lynnwood Recreation Center, and Yost Park Pool (summer season only).
Vouchers for the swim sessions are sent home with each third-grade student in the Edmonds School District in November 2016. Below is more specific information about the program:
- Each voucher entitles the holder to one set of swim lessons. Every third grader in the district will receive vouchers for three sets of lessons.
- The vouchers expire on August 31, 2017.
- Vouchers may be used for swim lessons at the Mountlake Terrace Recreation Pavilion, the Lynnwood Rec Center, or Yost Pool. Please check the lesson schedule at your pool of choice for specific registration information.
- Parent/Guardian of voucher holders must present the voucher in person to the facility at the time of registration.
- Vouchers do not guarantee registration for a particular session.
- Vouchers have no cash value, are non-transferable, and non-refundable.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I register my child for swimming lessons? Call or visit the website of the pool you are interested in. Contact information is provided on the front of the voucher.
- Do I need to have the voucher with me to get the lessons for free? Yes
- Can a sibling use a voucher if my 3rd grader is not going to use them all? No, unfortunately this program is for 3rd graders only.
- What if I lose my child’s vouchers? Contact Patty Schultz at (425) 431-7147, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How long are the voucher’s good for? The vouchers will expire on August 31, 2017
- Will this program continue next year? Yes, we have just renewed our grant for another three years.
- Do 3rd graders have to attend a special swim lesson class? No, they are registered with all other children receiving lessons.
- Can I use one voucher at one pool and one at another? Yes, the vouchers are good at the City of Mountlake Terrace Pool, the City of Lynnwood Pool and Yost Pool in the City of Edmonds.
- My child is in a 2/3 or ¾ split class. Can the 2nd graders or 4th graders in those classes get vouchers, too? No, unfortunately this program is for 3rd graders only.