Welcome to the Third Grade Swim Lesson Program!
Water safety education is vitally important for children in the Pacific Northwest. Through generous funding by the Verdant Health Commission, three of our community pools will be able to teach hundreds of local youth how to swim and to be safe in and around the water. The participating facilities are the Mountlake Terrace Recreation Pavilion, Lynnwood Recreation Center, and Yost Park Pool (summer season only).
Vouchers for the swim sessions are sent home with each third-grade student in the Edmonds School District in November 2015. Below is more specific information about the program:
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I register my child for swimming lessons? Call or visit the website of the pool you are interested in. Contact information is provided on the front of the voucher.
- Do I need to have the voucher with me to get the lessons for free? Yes
- Can a sibling use a voucher if my 3rd grader is not going to use them all? No, unfortunately this program is for 3rd graders only.
- What if I lose my child’s vouchers? Contact Patty Schultz at (425) 431-7147, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How long are the voucher’s good for? The vouchers will expire on August 31, 2016
- Will this program continue next year? Yes, we have just renewed our grant for another three years.
- Do 3rd graders have to attend a special swim lesson class? No, they are registered with all other children receiving lessons.
- Can I use one voucher at one pool and one at another? Yes, the vouchers are good at the City of Mountlake Terrace Pool, the City of Lynnwood Pool and Yost Pool in the City of Edmonds.
- My child is in a 2/3 or ¾ split class. Can the 2nd graders or 4th graders in those classes get vouchers, too? No, unfortunately this program is for 3rd graders only.