Secondary Special Education Behavior Support

At the middle and high school level, school psychologists and school social workers provide support to students who have identified needs in behavior and/or social emotional areas as a part of their special education program (IEP).  This role is called Behavior Specialist.  The behavior specialist may work with a student and his teachers to increase his ability to be successful in the classroom. Please see the behavioral intervention page for more information on this role.